• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A USA Report (1 Viewer)

bcurrie

I have not seen many reports from the USA, so thought I would continue what Steve started. Today on our usual Saturday outing, this time in the mountains just east of here. Temperature was -3 degrees celsius at the start, ended up being a whooping 5 degrees.

Birds seen:

Bald Eagle (11 - 9 adult and two immature)
Golden Eagle (2)
Wild Turkey (30)
Common Goldeneye (1)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)
American Kestril (1)
Black-billed Magpie (7)
Starling (A LOT)

And coming back, only four blocks from my home, my son and I saw a Merlin.

Thanks for posting this report Brian. It's great even for us this side of the Pond to read about the birds seen over your way, even the ones you see everyday.

Yes thanks Brian. I agree with Ian - what you may regard as commonplace is endlessly fascinating for us, so leave nothing out!

I remember the days when I lived in Boise, Idaho, USA. I'd be fly fishing in the Boise river, right in town, and there would be a Bald Eagle sitting above me, fishing as well. Those were wonderful days.

Even for a US birder, that's a great list. The numbers of eagles vs. other species is astounding. I've still yet to see a Golden here in TX. I'll keep posting if you will!

Steve Gross
Houston, TX

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back