• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adobe Lightroom 3 (1 Viewer)

hampers

Hampers
As Adobe have released a Beta version of Lightroom V3 for download and use thought it might be useful for a thread on which people can share their experiences and knowledge on the new version. I just hope the upgrade cost from 2 to 3 isn't too high! Can't remember what 1 to 2 was.

I have been using the Beta version for a week now. Had 1 problem where it just stopped in the middle of a download, not happened again though. Import interface is different.

Phil

In response to Franks post on a Lightroom question in another thread I'm going to email Adobe on the subject of backwards compatibility if you use the beta version and then don't proceed to purchase v3.
I'm importing images into the beta version now which has its own catalog. If that is not readable with v2.6 at the end of the beta trial period and I decide not to buy v3 I want to know what happens to my catalog and any changes made to images with v3 beta.
Anyone any experience of what happened with v1 beta to v2?

Thanks

Phil

As Adobe have released a Beta version of Lightroom V3 for download and use thought it might be useful for a thread on which people can share their experiences and knowledge on the new version. I just hope the upgrade cost from 2 to 3 isn't too high! Can't remember what 1 to 2 was.

I'd bet good money that the 2-3 upgrade will be the same as the 1-2 upgrade - £99. I ended up buying the full version at the student price - £99 and I'l probably end up doing the same when v3 comes out.

In response to Franks post on a Lightroom question in another thread I'm going to email Adobe on the subject of backwards compatibility if you use the beta version and then don't proceed to purchase v3.
I'm importing images into the beta version now which has its own catalog. If that is not readable with v2.6 at the end of the beta trial period and I decide not to buy v3 I want to know what happens to my catalog and any changes made to images with v3 beta.

I'd bet even more money that there will be zero backward compatibility.

I'd bet good money that the 2-3 upgrade will be the same as the 1-2 upgrade - £99. I ended up buying the full version at the student price - £99 and I'l probably end up doing the same when v3 comes out.

I'd bet even more money that there will be zero backward compatibility.

Don't mind £99, worries me that it will be much higher. Really concerned about backwards compatibility (which I didn't think about when starting using v3beta - and I worked in IT!), luckily I stlll have the original cards with all images already loaded into V3beta, will also ensure they are imported into v2 catalog.

Phil

Anybody noticed any improvements over Lightroom 2.5?

As a Nikon user I've been using a combination of Capture NX (white balance and exposure correction - export as a tiff) and Lightroom for quite a while. Ideally I'd like to remove Capture NX from my workflow however Lightroom is let down by it's inability to automatically remove ca.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back