• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are there companies which organize self-driven tours? (2 Viewers)

jurek

On a recent trip, I realized that proper research and organization of a birding trip takes enormous amount of time, which I hardly have anymore. But I still prefer to travel on my own pace.

Are there companies which sell self-driven tours or similar? I would be interested in somebody renting a car, booking hotels, giving me a set of GPS coordinates of places to stop and lists of birds to look at them, and I would travel on my own.

Gunnar Engblom (Kolibri Expeditions, Peru) and Sid Francis (Sichuan Birding, China) used to offer this kind of service. Don't know if they still do

Why not? A shared trip is my second most favorite thing! BTW, how was the north-eastern Brazil?
I had a blast in NE Brazil, will write a trip report in the coming month.
My album on FB should be visible (I have it on 'public' at the moment), so have a look before I restrict access to (default) 'friends only'.

Aratinga in Costa Rica are great. We have used Pieter twice now and have another tour booked round Christmas time. Extrely good prices too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back