• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B.3 vs C.2 (1 Viewer)

I have both of them, I usually keep my 7x28 on my car, they are very bright for their size and they have dielectric coated prisms, and ED glass.This really makes a difference. They are a good investment. On the other hand, the 6x30 are amazing, they also have ED glass and dielectric coated prisms, they are very easy to focus and the have a large sweet spot. They are stable, you can hold them with one hand. Ideal for bird watching in wooded areas. They are worth every cent I paid for them, they are rugged, light and are a pleasure to use.
These are in another level if you compare them with the 7x28.
I ended buying both of them because I read stelar reviews about them. Maven Optics are very well known in the hunting community.
I have gravitated into smaller sized optics that offer me good views without the weight penalty.
I also own an upgraded Swarovski 7x30 B SLC that have become my favorite binoculars.
I hope this helps
Sky2goflying

Huge difference. B3s are made in Japan. C2s in Phillipines I believe. Apples to oranges thoigh. B3 is pretty liteweight for an 8x30 but the C2s are compacts and lighter. I was in Lander last week and stopped by their HQ. They had every bino they make there to check out. The C2s were nice for their price but nowhere near the optical quality of the B3s. Great value for both. I owned the Monarch HGs in 8x30 and prefer the B3s. Very poor glare control on the HGs which cost twice as much. Better build quality on the B3s as well. I own the HGs in 10x42 and love them but was disappointed in the 8x30s. The Monarch 7 8x30 which is at the same price point as the B3 had the worst glare control of any bino I ever owned. Over 30 different models now. Not trying to pick a fight with the HG and M7 owners. Lots of folks here love them and since everyone’s eyes are different you always should find out what works best for you. I do love my B3s though and the warranty is stellar as well.

I have both of them, I usually keep my 7x28 on my car, they are very bright for their size and they have dielectric coated prisms, and ED glass.This really makes a difference. They are a good investment. On the other hand, the 6x30 are amazing, they also have ED glass and dielectric coated prisms, they are very easy to focus and the have a large sweet spot. They are stable, you can hold them with one hand. Ideal for bird watching in wooded areas. They are worth every cent I paid for them, they are rugged, light and are a pleasure to use.
These are in another level if you compare them with the 7x28.
I ended buying both of them because I read stelar reviews about them. Maven Optics are very well known in the hunting community.
I have gravitated into smaller sized optics that offer me good views without the weight penalty.
I also own an upgraded Swarovski 7x30 B SLC that have become my favorite binoculars.
I hope this helps
Sky2goflying

Attachments

• 20230617_074729.jpg
    20230617_074729.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 31
I had the Maven b3 6x30 and c2 7x28

the b3 definitely had better glass. But the c2 7x28 were very pleasing for long sessions. I felt I could look all day. Where the B3 eventually made my eyes tired

I’ll be buying another pair of 7x28 eventually

It really gets down to the question of need. If you need a wider fov, better glass, and better quality, then go the B3. If you need a small size, and can do with a smaller fov, then go C2. Any of the Maven B series compete well againsgt whatever you can name. The C series generally offers a less expensive binocular with some tradeoffs, which are usually, with primary exception of fov, pretty small when you contact the real world. My standard two binocular combo for over the last 7 or so years is an 8x30 B3 and a 9x45 B2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back