• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird guides for day trips Jamaica (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

Hello we are travelling to Jamaica in February and March staying in the Montego Bay and Negril area. Does anyone have information on local guides for day trips in these areas. Regards. Mike

Not sure if he guides but Fritz and his colleague at Rocklands were pretty knowledgeable and it isn't far from Montego Bay, worth spending a half day there.
I attach a trip report from a few years ago which might also help with some birding spots.

Attachments

• A week in Jamaica Feb march.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Not sure if he guides but Fritz and his colleague at Rocklands were pretty knowledgeable and it isn't far from Montego Bay, worth spending a half day there.
I attach a trip report from a few years ago which might also help with some birding spots.
Thanks a lot of information thanks.
Mike

Thank you lots of information
Mike

Hello we are travelling to Jamaica in February and March staying in the Montego Bay and Negril area. Does anyone have information on local guides for day trips in these areas. Regards. Mike
Sorry, Mike. Just saw this & if you're still in Jamaica...
We went with out with some great guides on a port day with our cruise. They were very nice, knew the endemic birds, etal, & where to find them!
RAJ TOURS
Belmont Square, P.O. Box 12 Bluefields, Westmoreland Jamaica W.I.
Cell: 1876-7449 Tele/Fax: 1876-955-8834
Email: [email protected]
Web: jamaicabirdwatching.com.
Happy Birding!
Sue Hofacker
Richmond, VA

Sorry, Mike. Just saw this & if you're still in Jamaica...
We went with out with some great guides on a port day with our cruise. They were very nice, knew the endemic birds, etal, & where to find them!
RAJ TOURS
Belmont Square, P.O. Box 12 Bluefields, Westmoreland Jamaica W.I.
Cell: 1876-7449 Tele/Fax: 1876-955-8834
Email: [email protected]
Web: jamaicabirdwatching.com.
Happy Birding!
Sue Hofacker
Richmond, VA
Hello from Negril, Jamaica. Yes we are still in Jamaica I did find it difficult to arrange a personal guide for the day until I found Raj Tours which I did use. Excellent company which I would also recommend. Thanks for replying. Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back