• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird returns to same area every morning (1 Viewer)

Hello,

In the past few weeks, a bird has appeared every morning to the back of our building. At this point it is quite annoying to be woken up by it at 5:30-6 am everyday. It just sits on the fire escape chirping so I don’t know why it keeps returning.

I’ve tried scaring it away. It flies away, then comes back a minute later. Besides buying deterrents, is there anything else I can do to get it to permanently move?

Thank you.

I was wondering what I could answer so as to be certain that the bird is not disadvantaged. What species is it? It has probably established a territory where you live.

I was wondering what I could answer so as to be certain that the bird is not disadvantaged. What species is it? It has probably established a territory where you live.
Hello,

Here's an update: its a sparrow. It still returns, every morning, chirping away for hours. Its pretty annoying at this point. I've resorted to buying a water gun and attempting to scare it away, permanently. It goes away... then comes back. I really need some advice on how to catch it. The chirping is getting unbearable at this point. It needs to go away.

This forum is for people who appreciate and enjoy wild birds.

It may not be the place for you to ask for such advice.

Hi Lazyeyes it can be a bit frustrating when a species disturbs you like this. I'm wondering if there's a window beside where he sits? If so he might be seeing himself in it and thinks it's a rival for his territory.

This shouldn't last too long, just until the breeding part of the year is over and his young are raised. Meanwhile, could you cover the window with something so there's no reflection?

That's all I can think of for now but hope it helps.

Do remember birds were here long before we were and we're trying to take over their habitats, so it's not really their fault.

He'll soon be too busy helping to feed youngsters to be able to sit around singing.... typical men really make the ladies do the housework... comes as a shock to them when they find out they have to provide the bacon LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back