• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birdcam question (1 Viewer)

pcurtis

United States
those of you with live camera feeds (birdfeeders with cameras, trail cameras, etc), what do you do if you spot a human in your footage? Do your neighbors, or people walking by appear in your camera feeds often? Wondering if anyone has captured people on their birdcams acting suspiciously or even doing something illegal, and how people handle this.

While I don't have a birdcam, my suggestion is that if anything suspicious goes on, just treat it as video proof like CCTV camera footage.

You asked this yesterday. :)

those of you with live camera feeds (birdfeeders with cameras, trail cameras, etc), what do you do if you spot a human in your footage? Do your neighbors, or people walking by appear in your camera feeds often? Wondering if anyone has captured people on their birdcams acting suspiciously or even doing something illegal, and how people handle this.
The last thing I would do is report "suspicious" behavior to the local cops. Who needs them shooting their guns off with no regard for anyone in the area. In the USA we have had assault teams break down the door of an elderly couple because their neighbor reported that they were growing marijuana - heaven forbid. It turned out they were growing tomatoes and the cops were too lazy to check this out before doing the raid of the house. We have had infants severely injured by a cop throwing a flash grenade through a window and landing in a baby's crib.

I only use my cameras to spot neighbors' cats that are allowed to roam at night and devastate the local bird population.

The last thing I would do is report "suspicious" behavior to the local cops. Who needs them shooting their guns off with no regard for anyone in the area. In the USA we have had assault teams break down the door of an elderly couple because their neighbor reported that they were growing marijuana - heaven forbid. It turned out they were growing tomatoes and the cops were too lazy to check this out before doing the raid of the house. We have had infants severely injured by a cop throwing a flash grenade through a window and landing in a baby's crib.

I only use my cameras to spot neighbors' cats that are allowed to roam at night and devastate the local bird population.

Now I'm glad I'm in Manchester

Users who are viewing this thread

Back