• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding accommodation close to Leticia (1 Viewer)

pandachris

Morning all. We've taken the plunge and booked our COVID-delayed birthday trip (for my partner - she's had two birthdays since) to Colombia. We arrive in the 2nd half of July and we're heading for a reserve/lodge in Brazil for several nights. We fly into Leticia (Colombia) and it's then a 4-5 hour boat transfer. I think on the return leg we'll stay a couple of nights close to Leticia because we're unlikely to get back to the airport in time for same day flights. Does anybody have any suggestions/recommendations for somewhere to stay that is within easy reach of the airport? Budget is not a major concern. We can run to c£500/€580/$650/COP2,462,890.57 or more for the right "package", but I don't mind spending considerably less because it will leave us more to spend later in the trip. I've spotted a number of places that look to have potential but wondered if anybody has personal experience that they can share.

As it's a special birthday trip, then somewhere with a private bathroom would be preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back