• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Podcasts (3 Viewers)

Not just birds but there are a lot of 'Living World' podcasts on BBC Sounds app. They are from a few years ago but are really interesting. I listen to one each morning.

Dave
Always loved listening to these when broadcast some years back, with Lionel Kellaway I think his name was?

If I could humbly submit my own, if you're looking for a field-recorded birding podcast, look up "Songbirding" in your favourite podcast network or app. Well north of 100 episodes now, pretty much all recorded in the field, and lightly narrated live much like one might get from a birding guide in person, except focused on sounds. Currently they are all recorded around southern and mid-western Ontario (couldn't travel much due to you-know-what), someday I hope to go further afield.

I'm also always open to feedback. I have a lot of not-yet-birders in my listenership, and plenty of those who have told me they listen to the podcast just to relax, but a number of folks have also used it to learn species by ear or keep up their skills while the breeding birds are away in the off-season.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back