• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in Trondheim Norway (1 Viewer)

Hi Mow and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I was there for a couple of weeks in the summer time, so not sure where to go for the wintering birds. But one place which could be productive for passerines would be the Ringve Musikmuseum: Node: ‪Ringve‬ (‪4633442178‬) | OpenStreetMap they had feeders hanging from odd places in the grounds. Also along the river in the town could be productive.

It would probably be an idea to post in our Information Wanted forum; we have a couple of members who live there I'll see if I can point them to your thread.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Mow and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I was there for a couple of weeks in the summer time, so not sure where to go for the wintering birds. But one place which could be productive for passerines would be the Ringve Musikmuseum: Node: ‪Ringve‬ (‪4633442178‬) | OpenStreetMap they had feeders hanging from odd places in the grounds. Also along the river in the town could be productive.

It would probably be an idea to post in our Information Wanted forum; we have a couple of members who live there I'll see if I can point them to your thread.

Thanks Delia. We have visited the music museum at Ringve in the summer but may take another look this winter - sounds good.

Hi, first post from a Norwegian birder. I live in Bergen city, but visited Trodheim a year ago, and absolutely loved Trondheim, but did not do any active birding as I was only where there at a concert of my favorite jazz artist Pat Metheny.

Did some googling and Liaberga National park came up, its about one and a half hours from Trondheim city, maybe this is something to consider? info link

Anyways, hope someone could give us some great info on good birding sites in Trondheim, I will certainly visit Trondheim again but this time with my binoculars around my neck ;)

Welcome to both of you! There are members from Trondheim around, somewhere, so you'll hopefully both get your answers either here or in Information Wanted.

They even managed to connect with Siberian Jay at some point, but no promises, I guess.

Hi Fimmus and a warm welcome to you too from all the Staff and Moderators.

Hi I live in Hampshire UK but am spending Christmas in Trondheim Norway. Any recommendations for good birding sites in Trondheim?
What kind of birds? If you're willing to travel a few miles there's plenty! I could find a list if you could indicate how far in hours you're willing to travel. But in Trondheim itself you have the fjord and the river easily accessible. And in the woodlands around the city.
Per

Users who are viewing this thread

Back