• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bishop, Calif, USA. Albino blackbird? (1 Viewer)

lllh

United States
This bird has been coming to the feeder for the past couple of weeks with a flock of red wing black birds, now very cold here in the Calif high desert. I think it is a Albino red wing black bird?

Attachments

• FA3C1B34-85DE-425D-B52A-9224CA5B6F6A.jpeg
    FA3C1B34-85DE-425D-B52A-9224CA5B6F6A.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 34
Aberrant red-winged blackbird or tricolored blackbird.
People will now enjoy giving you a lecture on what (they think) the word 'albino' means... ☹️

Thanks Butty and RafaelMatias for you quick reply. I have some bird books with David Sibley illustrations. I really enjoy looking at the birds feeding at the feeder.

We have a Blue Bird that has been feeding also, interesting looking bird for this area, most birds are colored black, gray, brown dull looking to blending with the landscape, but the Blue Bird stands out.

In Bishop this would surely be a Red-winged Blackbird - like the others in the photo - rather than a Tricolored Blackbird.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back