• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Borneo, Kinabalu Ntl Prk, Sabah, Malaysia (1 Viewer)

Steve Schoech

Supporter
Here are a few more that confirmation of my IDs for these first-time birds would be appreciated. One of the originals was horribly under- exposed and I've radically lightened what I think is a Pale Blue Flycatcher. I think the bulbul is a Pale-faced bulbul and the other is a golden-naped barbet (the system altered the order).

Both were on Mt. Kinabalu from the platform above the main gate beyond which only climbers and porters are allowed. I spent a couple of hours there as one can get good shots of several bird (and squirrel, tree shrew) there. The morning of 18 September 2023 hosted several mixed-species flocks coming through the nearly trees and bushes.Pale Blue Flycatcher 01.jpg

Attachments

• Golden-naped Barbet 01.jpg
    Golden-naped Barbet 01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • Golden-naped Barbet 04.jpg
    Golden-naped Barbet 04.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • Pale-faced Bulbul 03.jpg
    Pale-faced Bulbul 03.jpg
    960.3 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back