• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Botanical Gardens Entebbe June (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please identify these birds? Taken in Botanical Gardens Entebbe in June. I believe 2 is a Bronze Mannakin.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• CAT01242-d.jpg
    CAT01242-d.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 11
  • CAT01314-D.jpg
    CAT01314-D.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CAT01327-D.jpg
    CAT01327-D.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 15
  • CAT01565-D.jpg
    CAT01565-D.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 15
  • CAT02124-D.jpg
    CAT02124-D.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 15
  • CAT02572-D.jpg
    CAT02572-D.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 14
1. Winding Cisticola
2&3. Bronze Mannikin
4. Not sure - looks a bit like a Northern Puffback but colours don't seem right.
5. Not sure - a juvenile robin or flycatcher. I suspect not Sooty, which is quite rare at that site and is shorter tailed.
6. Viellot's Weaver

1. Winding Cisticola
2&3. Bronze Mannikin
4. Not sure - looks a bit like a Northern Puffback but colours don't seem right.
5. Not sure - a juvenile robin or flycatcher. I suspect not Sooty, which is quite rare at that site and is shorter tailed.
6. Viellot's Weaver
Think 4 might be northern puffback. It's somewhat similar to this:

ML126243371 Northern Puffback Macaulay Library

[Note brownish wing edges]. I couldn't quickly find an example with a greyish bill like the OP bird, but did find similar for black-backed puffback when I happened to be looking at that species. Suspect plumages are analogous

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back