• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 12x36 IS stabilized binoculars maintenance video (1 Viewer)

Thank you for video.

Bad fungus.

I am surprised the binocular is not more expensive.

What about collimation?

Regards,
B.

I just found the video independently. What a fascinating exploration and clean of the innards.

Is there a way to collimate Canon binoculars as a repair of the 10x30 IS model seemed to repeat the process here of disassembly followed by reassembly?

Thank you for video.

Bad fungus.

What about

Thank you for video.

Bad fungus.

What about collimation?

Regards,
B.
In this case, was not necessary to collimate. The parts fits perfectly in places. I did not see any way to regulate the lens. If you disassemble and assemble, and the image is wrong, i think you mount wrong side parts ( left/ right). If you put left ocular in right hole, will not be collimated.

I just found the video independently. What a fascinating exploration and clean of the innards.

Is there a way to collimate Canon binoculars as a repair of the 10x30 IS model seemed to repeat the process here of disassembly followed by reassembly?
I did not see any way to collimate this. This video show these prisms discollimated, but there is only one way to fit the prism in position. . There are 3 bolts to fix it in place. Bolts not allow to move the prism . They fit perfecly in one position only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back