• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon shows first footage from its unusual RF 5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens (1 Viewer)

Chosun Juan

Given to Fly
Australia - Aboriginal
Just for interest .....

With convergence happening from the binocular side of the equation (such as Sony's DEV-50) , this bit of kit approaches things from the camera side .....

Surely it can only be a matter of time before mobile phone makers put camera lenses at each end of the phone - with large 'phablets' now having around 150mm distance available - similar to the separation of Porro objectives - giving 'binocular vision'.

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

Hi Chosun,

There were stereo attachments for Leica and Russian cameras, rangefinder and SLR.
Also stereo attachments for other cameras.

Horace Dall made a wide angle stereo camera from Zeiss parts.
The images were excellent.

There were stereo movies, but these weren't that great.

Brian May, the guitarist, is a stereo enthusiast.

The new Canon stereo lenses may be unique with 180 degree cover.

There were multi element cameras like Nimslo and others.

I have not used virtual reality equipment.

Regards,
B.

Hi Bin,

Thanks for the info.

I can see some potential in a digital binocular application for increasing the sharpness of object boundaries - helping to delineate between subject and background too. Also in cleaning up CA. The EVF resolution of the top end mirrorless cameras is now at 9.44 Million dots, with refresh rates up to 120hz. Getting close ..... certainly better than the Sony DEV-50.

BTW - Queen was one of the most creative and talented bands ever, so I'm not surprised that Brian May was into something unusual /cutting edge.

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back