• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Capertee birding Spring 2023 (1 Viewer)

VS97

Australia
Hi all. I have recently booked a stay at a property on Glen Alice road adjacent to the 'Binnalong' property. The stay effectively gives me 2 mornings and 2 evenings of birding. I was wondering with factors such as the steadily drying-up of the inland this Spring as well as the time of year and flowering White Boxes (heard from a reliable source), which birding spots would be the best ones to hit up? I've heard Spots #3 (as well as the first km or so of crown station rd), 11, 13 and 14 are ones to keep an eye out for. I was wondering whether this was outdated information or whether they're still worth checking out.
My target species are the Diamond Firetails, Southern Whitefaces and I'm going for a huge stretch here but also Black-eared Cuckoos and Regent HEs so was wondering if there are any spots which would be worth staking out for the aforementioned birds.
I would love any general tips and advice RE: Capertee birding too!
TIA,
V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back