• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Buzzard Wakkerstroom area South Africa Oct 25 (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please confirm this to be a Common Buzzard? Taken in Wakkerstroom area South Africa Oct
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• CAT04011-D.jpg
    CAT04011-D.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 53
  • CAT04015-D.jpg
    CAT04015-D.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 51
2cy Verreaux's Eagle? I've only seen this species once before so best await confirmation...
Wing shape etc looks wrong for that. Best guess based on big white patches was long-crested eagle

Edit: should have said "without certainty" (i e. Perhaps verreaux's). Tom will tell us

Last edited:
Verreaux's Eagle gets my vote

Attachments

• Verreaux's_Eagle._Black_Eagle,_Aquila_verreauxii,_at_Walter_Sisulu_National_Botanical_Garden,_...jpg
    Verreaux's_Eagle._Black_Eagle,_Aquila_verreauxii,_at_Walter_Sisulu_National_Botanical_Garden,_...jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back