• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Council warn elderly woman from feeding the birds in the garden (1 Viewer)

Jobsworth jumped up little Hitlers. The nuisance being the large number of feral pigeons gathering on neighbours roofs..... though that is understandable to a point, rather than the wild birds coming to feeders. Perhaps employing a local falconer with a Harris hawk could have dispersed them.

" Hundreds of birds roosting "..... my ****. Exaggereration from neighbours more likely in their 4 complaints over 7 years.

Last edited:
Why hasn't somebody given the lady in question advice on how to feed the birds without attracting the pigeons. Surely somebody could knock up one of those cage type affairs that let the smaller birds feed while keeping the pigeons out.

If she is getting big numbers of pigeons visiting I hope she is on top of cleaning any feeding areas, both for the birds sakes and her own health.

On another note I think that the selfish people complaining don't appreciate how much watching birds can have a massive positive impact on people's mental. health. Especially at times like this when it is freezing and elderly people are encouraged to stay indoors.

Jobsworth jumped up little Hitlers. The nuisance being the large number of feral pigeons gathering on neighbours roofs..... though that is understandable to a point, rather than the wild birds coming to feeders. Perhaps employing a local falconer with a Harris hawk could have dispersed them.

" Hundreds of birds roosting "..... my ****. Exaggereration from neighbours more likely in their 4 complaints over 7 years.
Four complainants not four complaints.

Seems strange that, if they are such a nuisance that only four neighbours have complained (vs two properties that have received the complaints) .
That said if the 'couple of dozen at most' or 50-60 pigeons, depending on you believe, were decending on my roof / garden on a regular basis not sure I'd be super impressed either. Not sure it would do much for my mental health being bombarded by the rats of the sky, not would I get any pleasure out of feeding the buggers.

Over the course of seven years you would have though someone could have a quiet word / gift them some decent feeders for local passerines!

Outrageous! How dare she feed wild birds? Those poor neighbours are probably buried in robin guano. My posterior goes out to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back