• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Darter romania (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
I know the angle isn't the best, I was on a boat so couldn't get around to the side. it was a red not teneral darter

I think the colour of the pterostigma and legs probably rules out common. Does it seem to fit Southern? (definitely saw southern elsewhere, it's for filing not a tick)

drid.jpg

If you take a picture of most darters from below and into the sun you can get the same effect for the pterostigmas (see attached pic)

One feature in favour of Southern Darter is the seemingly small amount of black along the top of the eye.

Attachments

• 600D_37798.jpg
    600D_37798.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 15
If you take a picture of most darters from below and into the sun you can get the same effect for the pterostigmas (see attached pic)

One feature in favour of Southern Darter is the seemingly small amount of black along the top of the eye.

thank you . excellent photo by the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back