• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Den by the Stream (1 Viewer)

intellectual

England
Can recommend the above accommodation close to the Welsh Wildlife Centre, the Teifi Marshes and the coast. Birds seen/heard include red kite, buzzard, sparrowhawk, kestrel, peregrine, tawny owl, GSW and lots of woodland birds and assorted butterflies etc.

There is website at www.denbythestream.co.uk and also on Facebook.

It has glowing reviews.

I have been and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Kind regards

Max

As of May 14th there has been a short video added to the Facebook page of Den by the Stream, I've just seen it. It includes the inside/outside of the cabin, the stream with sound and the surrounding fields. I remember it well, ah bliss.

Regards

Max

Was sent on my Facebook page some photos of the Tawny Owl family, one juv was perched on the lower windowsill and the adult and other juv were in the tree waiting for the wanderer of which it returned later :)

Been told today the Den is open for business, there are availability dates on the website etc. The first people to go since lockdown lifted are going next week. All precautions are in place.

Been told today the Den is open for business, there are availability dates on the website etc. The first people to go since lockdown lifted are going next week. All precautions are in place.

Was told at weekend the latest visitors had put a splendid review on about the den etc and they saw a good selection of birds etc including tree creeper which I didn't see on my visit.

The cabin is taking quite a few bookings and even more enquiries and deservedly so.

Regards

Max :t:

Was told at weekend the latest visitors had put a splendid review on about the den etc and they saw a good selection of birds etc including tree creeper which I didn't see on my visit.

The cabin is taking quite a few bookings and even more enquiries and deservedly so.

Regards

Max :t:

At first the cabin was taking people for a day or so now people are staying up to two weeks at a time so its obviously well worth a visit.

Regards

Max

Not reported any news on this lovely place. Last year and this Tawny Owls have bred on the site and brought off young, one of which this year has been filmed by the owners and also caught on the trail cam at night, I've watched the video and the pics. They get loads of birds with GSW feeding young etc. The owners get some fantastic reviews from their guests. I will let them know I have posted on here x

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back