• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Diksflight............my name is Richard and I come from Norwich,England. (1 Viewer)

Diksflight; I am looking forward to full membership of this forum, and perhaps then finding out what GLARE is,etc. I do not seem to have trouble with this with my £300 bins,likewise colour fringing. Because of this I am reluctant to buy a more expensive binocular,although I did fancy a Trinovid HD 8X42.

Hi Diksflight and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Binoculars forum, as they're better placed to help you there.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Diksflight; I am looking forward to full membership of this forum, and perhaps then finding out what GLARE is,etc. I do not seem to have trouble with this with my £300 bins,likewise colour fringing. Because of this I am reluctant to buy a more expensive binocular,although I did fancy a Trinovid HD 8X42.
Welcome aboard. If you are perfectly satisfied with your optics - they suit you and do the job that you intended them to do well, then great. Just don't look through a so-called 'alpha' binocular or you may find yourself off down the rabbit hole in search of the elusive - and non-existent - 'perfect' instrument!

RB

I agree with Rotherbirder that if your current binos satisfy you there is no need to try to find something wrong with them (for example by learning more about glare or colour fringing (chromatic aberration). If there was something significantly wrong with your binos it would be interfering with your enjoyment. If there is no such interference then just enjoy.

Lee

The two posters above this have given you good advice.

I will, however, repeat the caution about looking through one of the top glasses.

Go forth and enjoy all the things that you can view through your present glass, then if you ever feel that you have "exhausted" its capabilities, there will be time ro think about an upgrade.

Hi Richard,

first of all, welcome to BF!

First some questions:

In what lighting situation do you experience glare?

The color fringing aka lateral or transversal chromatic aberration - do you see it in the center of the field or near the edge?

Also, if you want to tell us, what are those mystery 300 quid bins?

Joachim, who has bought quite a lot of pairs below 300 quid...

Last edited:
Hi Rich and welcome to BirdForum. I once saw some CA with my Trinovids BN. Tried to recreate the situation before giving myself a good shake:LOL: Now I just use them and enjoy them.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back