• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dyfi Ospreys 2016 (1 Viewer)

WHIMBREL

A lifelong Naturalist...
Blue 24 returned to the nest-site of Montgomery Wildlife Trusts - Dyfi Osprey Project on the 25th. Both Facebook and Twitter have pages devoted to this excellent Mid-Wales project, its great to know things are on the move folks:t:

Great news Bill:t:

Haven't seen you on the Forum for ages btw. Welcome back. The Yellowhammers were showing nicely on Good Friday at Dinas if you're heading that way.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Lets hope the Dyfi Ospreys have a great breeding season, the new observatory and excellent web-cam make either a personal visit or follow on Facebook/Twitter an enjoyable and interesting experience |=)|

I've visited the forum's off and on over the winter, I've also been to Dinas a few times over the past couple of months, now with the migrants starting to appear I'll be heading that way again over the coming months...exciting times ahead :t:

BW's

Monty and Glesni the resident pair arrived back at the Dyfi within two and a half hours of each other on the 3rd of April :clap: that's five days earlier than last year! I've attached an image of the happy couple:t:

Monty and Glesni back home!

Attachments

• monty_and_glesni.jpg
    monty_and_glesni.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 62
Any ideas how long they are likely to stay around (if the breeding is successful) I'd like to come up and am trying to work out the best date

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back