• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

East Florida, Dry Tortugas and a bit of Georgia (1 Viewer)

Sorry, everyone. I’ll fire the editor for that mistake. It is a Great White Heron. There is nothing to compare size in the posted shot but the bird was the size of a Great Blue, not the much smaller Great Egret. We were on the lookout for both the Great White and Wurdemann’s. Looking at my eBird reports for the day, we did see a Great Egret in the bay, just not that particular bird.
Thanks for keeping a close watch. So many details, I hope that’s the only error!

Steve

Many thanks for an enjoyable write-up of a place I'd love to visit - and some top birds!

BTW you might get your editor to review the labelling of your night heron ...;)

Cheers
Mike

Many thanks for an enjoyable write-up of a place I'd love to visit - and some top birds!

BTW you might get your editor to review the labelling of your night heron ...;)

Cheers
Mike
Huh? What! Can’t be!! Maybe the white balance in the camera was way off! That black head sure looks washed out 🤪.
(EBirded correctly as Yellow-crowned.) Nice to know someone is not only reading these reports but not falling asleep in doing so.
Thanks, Mike, for all your comments! 👍

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back