• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ecuador Flycatcher, Hummingbirds and bird on a wire (1 Viewer)

m.skalla

Napo, Ecuador. March 11.
Flycatcher -maybe Pale-edged. Others not sure.
Thax

Attachments

• San Isidor Lodge Ecuador 3-2023 (167).jpg
    San Isidor Lodge Ecuador 3-2023 (167).jpg
    14 MB · Views: 16
  • La Brisa Hummingbird feeders Ecuador 3-2023 (142).jpg
    La Brisa Hummingbird feeders Ecuador 3-2023 (142).jpg
    12.8 MB · Views: 15
  • La Brisa Hummingbird feeders Ecuador 3-2023 (115).jpg
    La Brisa Hummingbird feeders Ecuador 3-2023 (115).jpg
    11.6 MB · Views: 15
  • Baeza area Ecuador 3-2023 (79).jpg
    Baeza area Ecuador 3-2023 (79).jpg
    195 KB · Views: 17
142 looks like fem. violet-fronted brilliant
115 perhaps an immature of the same.
79 looks like black-billed thrush
Unsure about 167. Perhaps foothill elaenia?

Last edited:
violet-fronted brilliant for 115 completely agree. Does not have to be immature, those brownish colors seems to be a question of angle of the light according to several images I have from Copalinga lodge in Ecuador.
Niels

Thx Niels and Fern. The Brownish coloring on 115 was throwing me.
Agree with the Thrush on 79 - after seeing your ID it reminded me of when I took the shot. Hard to remember them all when after 8 days in Ecuador I got home with about 3000 photos. It was hard to balance the birding/keeping up with the IDs with the photography when your overwhelmed with so many new species.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back