• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Falcon wales (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
Just had this falcon flying over for quite a while while I was photographing insects. I didn't have bins unfortunately.

Everything about it at the time felt Hobby to me. First thought was how swift like the shape and flight was, It was manoeuvring a lot in the air fairly low down as if hunting odonata (there were numerous damsels) . It felt smaller than gulls and corvids around at the time, I took some shots and then the battery ran out and I was expecting tell tale red legs. But they aren't there although there is some ruffous. None of the jizz felt peregrine but I guess that would be the other main option locally. Pale vent seems to be the big feature from the photos. From collins it looks ok for juve hobby but I wouldn't expect there to be any.

falc3.jpgfalc2.jpg
falc.jpg
falc4.jpg

yeah, i think i was a bit thrown in that I was really expecting a lot of red on the legs and the first photo I saw was the top one that looks white but there's red on the others. Thank you guys

yeah, i think i was a bit thrown in that I was really expecting a lot of red on the legs and the first photo I saw was the top one that looks white but there's red on the others. Thank you guys
Best to always check when unsure! What is obvious on a screen sat comfortable isn't so obvious in the field when tracking a fast moving raptor.

Great bird to connect with and kudos for the great pics

Best to always check when unsure! What is obvious on a screen sat comfortable isn't so obvious in the field when tracking a fast moving raptor.

Great bird to connect with and kudos for the great pics
That's one of the great things about digital photography, the immediacy of checking content.

John

That's one of the great things about digital photography, the immediacy of checking content.

John
Beats having to wait a week for processing and developing, or double the charge for an “overnight”….and not forgetting those wretched camera spools that occasionally “ripped” your film roll…..Ah..those were the days!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back