• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Four new patch ticks (1 Viewer)

Dale Forbes

Swarovski Optik, Austria
Austria
my local patch is a little pond just up the road, called the Inzinger Gaisau, about 15km west of Innsbruck, Austria.

It is by no means an awe-inspiring marsh and wetland region. but, then again, it is fairly logical that the reeds struggle to cling to cliff edges. Nevertheless, it is as good as the wetland gets around here so I tend to spend a good deal of time there to see what I can pick up.

This last weekend, I got four new patch ticks:
Common Pochard
Wigeon
Lesser Whitethroat
Cormorant

and picked up Water Rail twice the week before...

After having looked for Little Grebe all summer, they finally arrived about 10 days ago. This last weekend there were at least 25 about, 80% of which were youngsters. I am still unsure whether some will stick around through winter (which I doubt) or whether they will all head south to brave the italians ;-) (and enjoy the beautiful italian scenery)

My blog has a good few tales of migrating birds:
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com

Happy birding
Dale

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back