• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good Summer Birding At My Local Patch (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
I’ve not been Birding for awhile so this morning went back to Cammo Estate my local patch and had a good time.
Didn’t see too much today but did see
2 Magpie
3 Woodpigeon
3 Blackbird
1 Great Spotted Woodpecker (feeding chicks) that was the highlight
1 Buzzard
1 Swift (just as I was leaving)

Pleased to see you are out and about again Euan! I haven’t seen any Great Spotted Woodpecker young yet but I suspect a nest nearby, an adult male comes by every two minutes to take a cherry from our neighbours’ tree and fly off into the woods.

Pleased to see you are out and about again Euan! I haven’t seen any Great Spotted Woodpecker young yet but I suspect a nest nearby, an adult male comes by every two minutes to take a cherry from our neighbours’ tree and fly off into the woods.
That’s great I did see it feed its young then fly into the woods I hung around for a bit to see it return it didn’t so I carried on Birding and returned later still didn’t see it but the chicks were chirping away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back