• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello, and can you help me i’d this bird. (1 Viewer)

mar2burt

United States
seen on a window ledge on the 42nd floor of a high rise in downtown chicago this morning.
one of my friends sent it to me hoping i could identify it.
i am a recreational birder living in se florida.656B34AE-2E7A-4D0F-AF0F-2C359604BA85.jpeg

Hi mar2burt and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the ID forum as you're more likely to get the help you need there. Someone will soon be along to advise.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Mar2burt,

There's a bunch of little yellowish birds to choose from, but I'll guess first with Nashville warbler. Grey head, big, unbroken eye ring... and they're known to migrate later than many birds, ie., starting now. You're not too far south of their breeding grounds, so the timing works.

Hi Mar2burt,

There's a bunch of little yellowish birds to choose from, but I'll guess first with Nashville warbler. Grey head, big, unbroken eye ring... and they're known to migrate later than many birds, ie., starting now. You're not too far south of their breeding grounds, so the timing works.
Struggling with this one. Doesn't look like Nashville to me: I can't see a clear eye ring on this image (certainly not as clear as Nashville's), and the head isn't noticeably greyer than the rest of it

Depends what lights. Much mortality occurs because birds are attracted to lights. Have to choose colours etc carefully.
I was under the impression that “most” US cities had adopted a “safe lighting programme” during the migration seasons and with that,
the “correctly coloured lights?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back