• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello Folks (1 Viewer)

cjay

Hi My Name is Colin.
My main interest is birds but I am an all round Naturalist.
My local Patch is the Lowestoft area of Suffolk where I have been birding for 25 years. I do not twitch prefering to work my patch & record all the comings & goings of the commoner stuff.
CJ

Hi Colin

You have answered the question I asked you in Seawatching. I did a couple of mini pelagics! from Lowestoft a couple of years ago with Brian from the local RSPB group. Enjoyed the sail but sadly not too many birds. At least it was a good effort and they tried.

I have thought about trying similar from King's Lynn out into the Wash on a shrimper but the cost was horrendous and it would take half the day to get out of the River Great Ouse into the Wash

Enough of my ramblings. Welcome to the forum and please keep us posted with your local sightings.

burhinus

Colin,
What can I say. Someone who has a great name and lives in a great part of the birding world. I think you will find lots of interesting and friendly people here with lots of knowledge on just about all aspects of birding. Apologises from me since I called you 'Jacob' in a reply to another thread (Waxwings) and you may have seen that but our efficient moderators changed it to 'CJ' pretty quickly. Hope you have fun in this forum and continue to post. I will be out and about in your part of the world in the new year all being well, so for the moment its one Colin to another, cheerio.

Colin

Look me up if you want a good day out birding. Just ask Tony. He loved it.

On the way home Simon & he saw a large skien of Pinkfeets over by Cart Gap. Lucky Fellows what?

CJ

Welcome to the Forum, Colin! And a great place to be watching the "common" stuff! I have very fond memories of your part of the world. You'll find plenty to interest and entertain you on this site!

B :)

Al

Welcome Colin. Glad to have you aboard. I don't know anything about birding in your part of the world, but that is what makes this site interesting to me.

We had a Red eyed Vireo here once you know?
1991 The day after my Stag night. Everyone though I was still drunk!Good views were obtained by many.
We have had Laughing Gull here & Franklins Gull.

Hi Colin,
Glad you could make it along here - you've certainly settled in well. Once again, thanks for a fun day today.

Tony

Hello Colin I will say welcome to you as well and never ever having been where you live I am looking forward to learning a whole lot od new things just about that!!!

Hi Colin, great to see you here.... many of the better elements of ukrb are joining (we keep a constant look-out for the bad ones!).

I can also vouch for the fact that a walk around the Suffolk coast in Colin's company will be an enjoyable and educational experience.
Best regards,
Andy

Thanks Big Guy. Tony introduced me to the forum. It is much more adult than ukrb. I have been to the forums members group & seen a familiar lurker. A friendly lurker I may add.
CJ

Hi Colin,

Welcome to Birdforum :t:

I see from your other postings that you have already found your way around the site alright. I have enjoyed reading your postings so far and I sorely wish I lived a little closer to East Anglia !

See you around.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back