• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from India (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone. I am delighted to join this forum.

I first of all would like to thank the awesome guys who started this forum. The wealth of information that one can find here is unbelievable. So lots of respect for the people who started with this.

I have not yet started bird watching as of now but I always was waiting for the right moment. I have just bought a small farmhouse near my city and intend to spend my weekends out there. Am planting alot of trees which attracts and shelters birds. And I have a nice lake touching my farm so I am expecting alot of birds out there during summers. So then binoculars is the first and last requirement for this hobby. Using a leica camera since years made me fall in love with their optics. Planning to buy the Noctivid 8X42 Or 10X42. Thought joining this forum with you awesome peeps will help me come to the best decision.

Cheers

Kal

Hi and welcome. Leica would be great but why not start small and cheap. See if you like the hobby? Most any $100 US binocular will be fine to start. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your new place !

Hi Kal and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi and welcome. Leica would be great but why not start small and cheap. See if you like the hobby? Most any $100 US binocular will be fine to start. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your new place !
Hey Steve, thank you for the suggestion really appreciate it. You are right about starting with any cheaper ones too. For me apart from this new hobby an earlier hobby is to buy stuff that lasts for years(generations might be a long shot) and stuff that can be passed on to the next generations. I feel leica build must be good enough to fit that bill. I usually try and get the best one I can afford and it always seems to work for me. Besides had a $100 Nikon model for years which I recently gave to my father. So now looking for something better :) But you never know...maybe the exchanges on this forum changes my mind :)

Sounds like you have a good plan Golden ! I agree, quality pays off. There are lots of mid level units that are excellent and half the price. Your choice of course. All good. My only other opinion is get a brand that has unconditional lifetime warranty. If anything goes wrong, breaks or you smash even, they just fix or replace. Have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back