• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hill Rise Local Nature Reserve (LNR), Bedford (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi everyone

After my 3 hour walk about yesterday, I came across this 'hidden gem' of a Local Nature Reserve close to Bedford Park

I have posted the link for everyone to see to get the feel of the place.

http://blacktom.org/hr.html

It is a small place but a very compact place. On my walk about I saw lots of members of the Tit family everywhere. It was heaven to walk around.

A song Thrush made its presence felt. The day had got so dull now it was pointless trying to take any pictures as the weather was not allowing for the opportunity. There was bird and bat boxes connected onto the trees.

There are two good sized ponds/area of water and I am seeing that it will be a fantastic place for Dragonflies/Damselflies later on this year. It has had a good write up on butterflies already.

Will pop back for a visit or two yet, and meet the locals.

Regards
Kathy
x

Attachments

• IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1963.JPG
    IMG_1963.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 125
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back