• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Honey Buzzard, UK (1 Viewer)

GMS

Is this id'able from these photos as a Honey Buzzard. Gulls went mental and unfortunately I wasn't prepared and had to run into the house to get the bins first and then the camera when I saw the bird. So massive crop and all the detail lost but shape and proportions still look good to me.

Attachments

• 3441.jpg
    3441.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 3443.jpg
    3443.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 177
  • 3444.jpg
    3444.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 159
Is this id'able from these photos as a Honey Buzzard. Gulls went mental and unfortunately I wasn't prepared and had to run into the house to get the bins first and then the camera when I saw the bird. So massive crop and all the detail lost but shape and proportions still look good to me.

Tail too long for Common Buzzard and with a non Harrier/Osprey under-wing, I'd be inclined to agree even on such a heavy crop.

Cheers

Classic HB gizz with bulging secondaries and pinched at tail base. Nice long tail and extended head. Even has a ‘Kite’ tail twist in one of the images!

Can I ask which County (and direction of flight) please GMS?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back