• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How rare is this in the uk ? (1 Viewer)

barnstormer

I took this pic a few weeks ago and was wondering how rare this is in robins in the uk.

Attachments

• Robin net resize.JPG
    Robin net resize.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Robin net resize 3060JPG.jpg
    Robin net resize 3060JPG.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 508
New one to me. Have you been playing with tippex? :-O ;)

No tippex was used in the photographing of this bird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL;) But it's a clever thought.A neighbour of mine who saw the bird first in his garden on nov 20th has sent these pics in to the durham recorder.

Several photos around of partial albino Robins. Some can even look vaguley like something rarer.....

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=103493

http://www.kentos.org.uk/Photographs/04Robinnoredbreast.htm

I saw this bird in the field and, boy did it look odd! Fortunately, I already knew it was a aberrant Robin, but it plumage wise really did look like something special. However, in actions, habits and vocalisations it was a typical Robin so it wasn't too hard to suss out what it was!

The bird is still flitting in and out of my garden but it seems that its being chased by the other robins that frequent my little patch.No chance of new pics yet but will try next week when i'm in the right shift................

That Robin is very cute. He wouldn't show up much in the snow either.
I've never seen a robin with white feathers before, but we have had a partially white blackbird & there is a crow that comes to the garden & it's wings are white.

The bird is still flitting in and out of my garden but it seems that its being chased by the other robins that frequent my little patch.No chance of new pics yet but will try next week when i'm in the right shift................
Surprising considering it doesn't have a whopping great orange breast. Maybe Robins hate white too!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back