• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID on this Bird taken in Scotland last week. (1 Viewer)

Hello Donald,

I agree with Stonefaction: its a juvenile Twite for me too

Your bird looks vaguely similar to a Redpoll which is a quite good gut indicator against juvenile Linett.
But a juvenile Redpoll should show a less conspicious whie panel to the primaries and longer wings (if fully grown). And a shorter tail with no white on the outer tail feathers.

But I just realized, that its a long time, that I have seen my last really fresh juvenile Twites on the breeding gound. So thats far from a confident comment.

And please note, that juvenile Linett can show some dirty pale hues to the bill too. But your bird seems to have a real/pure and extensive yellow bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back