• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

India Raptor ID-2 ... ? (1 Viewer)

aloktewari

Opus Editor
Supporter
India
Provisional ID : Tawny Eagle

Date : 07.03.2019

Attachments

• DSCN4104.JPG
    DSCN4104.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN4106.JPG
    DSCN4106.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 52
I might be completely off here, but hasn't the first photo a double "comma" on the wing? How likely is L.S.E. in that part of the world?

it’s a Spotted Eagle indeed, either Indian or Greater which is an even more difficult pair than GSE and LSE
adult GSE woul be my guess

I might be completely off here, but hasn't the first photo a double "comma" on the wing? How likely is L.S.E. in that part of the world?

Double comma is Greater isn't it and that's what I thought?

I think LSE is now Indian Spotted down there?

Last edited:
it’s a Spotted Eagle indeed, either Indian or Greater which is an even more difficult pair than GSE and LSE
adult GSE woul be my guess

Keoladeo is within the current distribution of sedentary C. hastata and the winter distribution of C. clanga....!
MJB

Thank you all ...
I'll take it as Indian spotted Eagle ... as two out of three present at site thought it to be Indian Spotted ... that clearly visible double comma and a large gape, indeed, will work as good points in favor ...
Thanks again and best regards.
Alok.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back