• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

India Warbler ID-3 ... ? (1 Viewer)

aloktewari

Opus Editor
Supporter
India
Location : Sat Tal Forest, Alt. 5500 ft., Dist. Nainital, Uttarakhand Himalayas, India.

Date : 14.11.2019 ; 4.21.38 pm and 4.21.41 pm

Attachments

• DSCN3688 (2).JPG
    DSCN3688 (2).JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN3690.JPG
    DSCN3690.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 63
I'm not 100% sure, as I've only seen Brownish-flanked myself, but your bird looks pretty much like the one in the attachment. I had to screenshot the image as Pinterest just bombarded me with other images, the wretched site.

Aberrant normally has a yellowish cast - I think that would be apparent in images as good as this - and is longer-tailed, I think.

Grey-sided is an odd claim, as it has a contrasting chestnut crown and a buff supercilium, as well as a shorter tail.

Pale-footed, apart from the very pale legs, is a darker bird, deep brown on the crown in particular, has a distinct eyestripe and looks smaller due to the very short tail.

Having said all this I would appreciate a second opinion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.55.50 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 6.55.50 am.png
    177 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back