• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Instagram problems (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
The last couple of days I've been unable to see "Recent" images on sites like the #Birdforum page, only the "Top" posts, as shown in the attached screen grab.

However, two people I've spoken to can see the recent ones if they use their mobile phones, but they're not available on their computer.

Is this a change that Instagram are making, so that they're going to force us to use mobiles. If so that will cut me out of using their site.

Untitled.jpg

I'm a strictly minimal Instagram-user - but I've always found it to be a weirdly-constructed and user-unfriendly site that looks as though it was slung together in an evening by a couple of teenagers with the aim chiefly of throwing adverts at you - and hasn't been developed or improved since then. It's really duff both as a way of displaying photos and as a social medium. (Sorry, not actually a useful comment ☹️)

I sure do find it very clunky and difficult to understand. Just about every week, for no reason I could fathom, one of the images I put on would not link to Birdforum. I'd delete all the links and put them back again but it made no difference.

There was one time in my first couple of weeks, it rejected one of my pictures, with no explanation of what was wrong. I eventually deleted it and re-uploaded it with no text or links and that was OK, then when I eventually was able to edit my images, I put the links in and it was OK.

I wasted hours yesterday trying to get to view "Recent" images to see if my last picture was linking but nothing worked... logged out and in. Different browsers, just the same view.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back