• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Japan last week of July and first two weeks of August (1 Viewer)

Winterdune

Hi all,
I know it's not a great time to visit Japan because of the heat etc but my eldest son is really keen to go and it's likely to be his last holiday with the family, and we have no other options on the dates. Can anyone recommend a few good birding sites we could fit in on what is likely to be primarily a cultural holiday - we have never been to Japan before...
Thanks
Sean

No idea of the fee he would charge, but I was very impressed by Kaz Shinoda, a guide for Victor Emmanuel.
He leads Japan tours such as this one:
https://ventbird.com/content/118/C7...&d=&td=&dt=Birding & Wildlife Tours&lid=0&gs=

His email is: [email protected]

I found him totally fluent in English and very knowledgeable, not just about birds but about Japanese culture more broadly, perhaps because he was a teacher before he switched to guiding.

Of course, if you are more adventuresome, you can definitely do Japan on your own. The infrastructure is outstanding and the country is quite tourist friendly, including road signs in English on the major highways.
Birding sites are readily located by looking at the tour itineraries. Happily Japan is so larded with cultural treasures that you can spend your time anywhere and enjoy lots of things worth seeing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back