• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kahles Helia S 8x42 (1 Viewer)

hangu

Germany
Gestern kam das Fernglas an. Erster kurzer Test = alles gut das Glas wird behalten. Optisch sieht das Kahles auch besser aus als gedacht. Die Farbe ist ein Art braun-grau
Die orange-roten Rallysstreifen werden beim Gurt fortgeführt.
Leider wird das Fernglas ohne Tasche geliefert. Deshalb habe ich mir eine passende Tasche von DDOptics dazu gekauft.
Jetzt suche ich noch einen komfortablen Umhangegurt. Der Kahles Gurt ist ein eher einfacher Gurt. Jetzt suche ich noch einen
komfortabler Neoprengurt.

Das Minox HG 8x33 war auch innerhalb von 3 Tagen verkauft..

Attachments

• IMG_20240511_105847.jpg
    IMG_20240511_105847.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20240511_105659.jpg
    IMG_20240511_105659.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
Congrats. That binocular is a favourite of many.
Get a Niggeloh contoured neoprene strap. I believe they are original suppliers to Leissovski. I have them on 3 Swarovski binoculars because I dislike the gimmicky length adjustment of the supplied straps with their flapping loose ends.

John

Congrats. That binocular is a favourite of many.
Get a Niggeloh contoured neoprene strap. I believe they are original suppliers to Leissovski. I have them on 3 Swarovski binoculars because I dislike the gimmicky length adjustment of the supplied straps with their flapping loose ends.

John
I only knew the leather/loden belts from Niggeloh. Due to the color of the Helia S, not every strap will fit. I liked the neoprene strap from Leica (brown or black) but it costs around €65. I saw a black Zeiss neoprene strap on Ebay for €29 which I bought. The white lettering doesn't bother you.
The optical performance of the Helia S and the insight... absolutely convincing! Even if the construction is older.
Even if the construction is older.The binoculars themselves are well protected. I don't think the EL is that good in terms of protection. At some point the bend bridges no longer look good because the paint comes off through use. I pay attention to things like that

I liked the neoprene strap from Leica (brown or black) but it costs around €65.
One has to be careful here because the retail version they sell with the red-dot logo has for some reason a stiffener that defeats the elasticity of the neoprene, unlike the plainer one (with grey "LEICA") supplied with Ultravids, which is identical to the Niggeloh. But in any case you've chosen something else.
Enjoy your new Helia S, a true classic. (I have SLC 10x42 myself)

Unfortunately, Kahles doesn't include a bag with the Helia S 8x42 and the carrying strap is thin, narrow and not very comfortable. That's why I bought a neoprene strap from Zeiss which is much more comfortable. The Helia S with the Zeiss belt comes in a bag from DDopics. The bag fits 100%.

Attachments

• IMG_20240517_103035.jpg
    IMG_20240517_103035.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back