• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lark from Grosse Spitzkoppe (1 Viewer)

L'argonnais

France
Hello,

seen last month in Namibie , closed to the Grosse Spitzkoppe. The quality of the pictures is terrible ! big crops of a bird which was quiet far ; when I took the picture , I almost did not see anything in the monitor; I hoped to get something ; did not work.... I guess it is a lark ; not sure ; and I m not sure somebody will be able to identify that bird . but in case....

JR

Attachments

• DSC_5652_AM.JPG
    DSC_5652_AM.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_5654_A.JPG
    DSC_5654_A.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 42
Could be Gray's, seems plain and big billed and they are present there. I would normally go to the default of Sabota's but as Andy says seems a bit plain

thanks for your interest ! I said closed to the Spitzkoppe ; it was ; but I should have said a few kilometers far ; in the desert ; I join a family picture taken a few seconds later after the bird.
Hope this element could help
JR

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_113844.jpg
    IMG_20230821_113844.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back