• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lbj (1 Viewer)

robhope

I'm baffled by this ~ 1cm micro. Probably something obvious and even thought the photo isn't great, I thought the darker patches at the front of the wings and the triangular shapes to the rear would be diagnostic.

But I'm open to offers...

robhope

UK Leps 499 (Lesser Swallow Prominent)
UK Plants 449 (Goat's Rue)
UK Birds 237

Attachments

• Unknown micro ii.JPG
    Unknown micro ii.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 26
Best I can suggest is Endothenia quadrimaculana - but I'm not at all confident. Have you got a side-on pic?

David

Thanks David, I had looked at the torts but didn't see anything that looked similar and was focussing on other families!
I'm going for the next species 49.194 Bactra lancealana and my 500th Lep!

Cheers again David.

robhope

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back