• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Local Guides for the Guaviare State of Colombia (1 Viewer)

SamMurray

United States
Hello all! It’s my first time posting and I’m a bit of a new birder myself. However, I’ve had some great mammal watching trips in the past.

I’m backpacking through Colombia and have been birding on my own to get introduced to the species here and keep within my backpacking budget.

I recently heard about the biodiversity of Guaviare and decided to make a last minute trip. I’m headed to San Jose del Guaviare in a couple days and I wanted to see if anyone knew of good local guides in the area. I heard that hiring a local guide is not only advisable given the remote location but also a necessity because of land right requirements by Indigenous people in the State.

I see that there is a post from a couple weeks ago for local guides in Colombia in general. But it seems like Guaviare is still relatively off the tourist path and I’ve found it somewhat difficult to find a local guide. Any help would be appreciated! Even if you know a guide somewhere else, I’d be happy to connect with them to see if they have a network in the area.

Looking forward to meeting some Colombian birders/enthusiasts on here!

Best,
Sam

I would connect with the GOAG Gaviare page on facebook and ask around...

Wilmer Andres Ramirez Riaño could be your first contact. Good luck and happy birding!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back