• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Locations for Raptors/Birds of Prey Southern Ontario (1 Viewer)

OakTreeWatcher

Canada
I hope this is the correct medium to ask this.
Im located in Southern Ontario (Greater Toronto Area). I haven’t seen so many hawks or raptors during this time of the end of the fall and upcoming early winter. Every day or so I would peek on ebird for recent sightings of birds of prey but I always come up short and never quite get an observation of them at this time around. Would anyone know who originates from Southern Ontario, if they know good areas to see some.
Thanks.

Canadian Peregrine Foundation - Southern Ontario Nest sites - Southern Ontario Peregrine Nest Sites

This is somewhat out of date, but the locations should still be well worth checking out, as suitable territories have a strong tendency to keep attracting peregrines (some in Europe have been known about for centuries). The locations further "out of town" may only be frequented in the nesting season, but those in Toronto are likely occupied year-round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back