• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for lodges/cafes with bird feeders in Costa Rica - please help (2 Viewers)

vita

United States
Hello fellow birders,
Would you please recommend lodges/cafes in Costa Rica's North Pacific area that have birdfeeders?
Thank you!

I will have to go into my archive to retrieve my notebooks for specific names but every lodge my tour stayed at and every roadside café we stopped at had a multitude of feeders.

Yeah, lots of the lodges have feeder set ups (cerro lodge, rancho naturalista, arenal obs) were a few that I was at last month.

Cafe-wise; Miriam’s quetzals, casa tangara dowii (very good for breakfast or lunch) and Galería de colibríes y Soda Cinchona.

Mark

I will have to go into my archive to retrieve my notebooks for specific names but every lodge my tour stayed at and every roadside café we stopped at had a multitude of feeders.
Mike,
I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some names. So far we did not find any in the North Pacific area. Thank you!

Yeah, lots of the lodges have feeder set ups (cerro lodge, rancho naturalista, arenal obs) were a few that I was at last month.

Cafe-wise; Miriam’s quetzals, casa tangara dowii (very good for breakfast or lunch) and Galería de colibríes y Soda Cinchona.

Mark
Thank you so much, Mark!
We just came back from Cerro Lodge. They do have a feeder but only for macaws. That place is phenomenal for macaws but not as much other birds. Will to check out Rancho Naturalista

vita

profound apologies
I have been away from home with my sister, daughter and granddaughters
Finally back and rummaged out my notebooks.
only part of the Pacific coast we stayed was Hotel Villa Lapas and we visited Carara National Park and took a boat trip into the mangroves on the Rio Tarcoles.
I am guessing that the novelty of lodges/hotels and cafés with feeding stations must have worn off, because I haven’t recorded any detail.

The feeders at the Cinchona cafe are hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back