• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manzanares river entering Jarama river II (1 Viewer)

IMG_2714.JPG
After crossing to the right side of Manzanares river at Casa Eulogio I walked under the cliffs and finally I crossed back into the river at Corral stream. The first bird I saw in the river was this female Shoveler with a seaweed in its beak. Note the green speculum.
A teal escaped when I reached the river but this male pochard was more quiet.
There were lots of sparrows in a bush beside the river. I was overflown by a kite. I saw a abandoned penduline tit nest. A blue tit hopped from branch to branch. I saw a green sandpiper and a more common ones.
And I saw another teal so abundant this year.
Another female shoveler. In my quest I scared other teals and they took flight. Between the branches was this chaffinch and a seagul overflown me.
I kept seeing more teals up to Casas de Peña Blanca. This was a group of three males around one female. After these two males I saw something looking towards the reeds, it was a little grebe. A couple storks rested on an electrical tower. I saw a lot of rabbits.
At the height of Casa Coberteras I saw other group of teals and wood pigeons.
I was about to reach Presa del Rey when I came back because there where not more than one and a half hour of ligth and I was to far away of the car.
A flock os sparrows rose from theground to to settle in this almond tree. The reader can try to count them...
A bird in the hand is worth 99 in the bush. In this detail I saw that they were spanish sparrows.
I still was overflown by this female marsh harrier. Camera battery finished and it was a pitty because I could not to take a photo of a water rail. Perhaps other day.

More in
http://birdingmanzanares.blogspot.com.es/

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back