• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Flycatcher I.D...left in tatters...lol..confirmation needed..lol.. (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh

Dr.Manjeet Singh
On 08.08.2009..i had gone to my patch..Pandamaran-jaya,Port Klang,Selangor,Malaysia..and saw a pair of birds..took the picture and was confident that it was the Asian Brown Flycatcher..a month later James Eaton(learned Asian Birder and B.F. member and also conducts tour groups from abroad for birding in Asia) came and with a puffed out chest showed him the picture..he quickly defleted my puff up chest and left my I.D of the bird in tatters..:'D...lol..he said it was the Brown-streaked Flycatcher...ssssssshhh dont tell him..if it is what he says's..then it's my lifer and a Opus bird.:-O:-O.lol..thank you in advance.Regards.:t:

Attachments

• flycatcher.jpg
    flycatcher.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Welcome back, Doctor.

James has probably deflated more than one ego in his time;-)

Guess it is the brown lower upper-parts (as opposed to brownish-grey) that give this one away.

Hello Doctor and another welcome back,

Yes, indeed, it's a lifer for you! As Hanno states, the rich coloring, lack of grey tones, tells the story. Also the rufousy uppertail coverts visible, and streaking apparent on breast-sides. Nice fresh plumage of Brown-streaked Fly.

Now let the experts come and verify o:) --- I mean experts other than Hanno!!
Kind regards,
Marie

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back