• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newby needs a little help!! (1 Viewer)

AlCandJbB

United States
1000050322.jpg1000050325.jpg1000050324.jpghello everyone My boyfriend and I rescued this crow from a nearby park in the middle of the night and we're hoping to get some insight as to what might be ailing him. Think he's lost almost all of his sight the left is visible and blinking, yet is underneath a significant layer of skin. The right eye was completely taped with goop that I was able to clear away while he was given a bath which he enjoyed for about 25 minutes. He was barely able to stand when we first got him and progressed to now 3 days later is finally making noise and moving around a lot more and pooping though doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much. Any insight or assistance anyone can give after the nature of potential illness, as well as potential health concerns for my boyfriend and I would be helpful as to there is not very many places to verify a condition as such. If this site has the bird lovers I believe it has then I think you had a time for all your help! Amber and Branden

Hi Amber and Branden and welcome to BirdForum. Very sorry about your predicament. You can do a Google search for a Wildlife Rehabilitator in your particular area and see what comes up. Might be a bit difficult for a Friday night but hopefully there will be someone available tomorrow a.m.
For this evening, I would try and get it in a large box with a soft towel on the bottom and put a small bowl of water and a small dish of bird seed or some kind of bird food. It hopefully calm down when you diminish the light around it.

Please do us a favor and let us know in the morning how it is doing and if you have returned from the Wildlife Rehabilitator. Fingers crossed for you guys.

Hi Amber and Branden and welcome to BirdForum. Very sorry about your predicament. You can do a Google search for a Wildlife Rehabilitator in your particular area and see what comes up. Might be a bit difficult for a Friday night but hopefully there will be someone available tomorrow a.m.
For this evening, I would try and get it in a large box with a soft towel on the bottom and put a small bowl of water and a small dish of bird seed or some kind of bird food. It hopefully calm down when you diminish the light around it.

Please do us a favor and let us know in the morning how it is doing and if you have returned from the Wildlife Rehabilitator. Fingers crossed for you guys.
Thanks for the help. He was just picked up by the humane society. Thankfully to much delight he is just a little baby crow and thankfully the news quickly put our worries away! Almost wish we knew then he probably would have stayed! JK we save wildlife! But expect visitations!

Thanks again

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Hopefully the little fellow will be alright. Good job on getting him to the humane society.

Hi AlCandJbB and a warm welcome from me too. I'm glad you managed to get this guy collected, he'll get the best and most appropriate treatment. Please let us know how he gets on if you can.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back