• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Offshore Ghana (1 Viewer)

Offman

Hello All, I hope you are all safe and well.
So here we are, 04-35-40 N, 002-54-26 W, some 60Km off the coast.
We finally arrived on location this morning after 4 flights, a weeks quarantine and 5 Covid tests just to make damn sure no-one brought it on board the vessel, Polar Onyx.
No idea what to expect around here, the weeks quarantine in the hotel in Tokaradi I got some local stuff, lots of Black Kites, occasional Red, Western Grey Plantain Eaters, Pied Crows, Laughing Dove to name a few. Looking forward to the next few weeks.

Picked up some Black Terns last night, feeding in the light from the FPSOs flare stack, wind has swung to the South, so we shall see....

So its 01:50 here, watching a gang of around 20 Black terns feeding in the light of the flare stack, and suddenly in amongst them an Adult White-tailed Tropicbird, been trying to photograph it, but my camera is struggling against all the light from the flare, trying a paper cup over the lens to act as a hood....

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back