• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pelagic Oman (1 Viewer)

Bekebrede

Netherlands
Hello,
I'm going to North Oman in November. I realy want to make a pelagic from Muscat or environment. Till now I cant find a good adress for a pelagic for birds like Storm Petrels ans Shearwaters., Anyone wo can give me an adress os company name?
Thanks and greetings,
Rob Bekebrede (the Netherlands)

I can't offer a personal recommendation but whale and dolphin watching seems to be popular with many companies offering trips. I might be worth contacting one of these companies.

This one does bird watching as well...

Thanks, but till today I contacted 6 whale and dolphin boat-companies (also Sidab Sea Tours) and none of them have given a reaction. So I think that doing a pelagic ftom Muscat is very hard to do. I will ask some companies or fisherman on the spot, when we are in Muscat.

Rob

Compared with southern Oman there doesn’t seem to be a big appetite for taking pelagic trips from Muscat. I’m not sure there are enough special pelagic birds in the gulf to really justify it. The dolphin watching trips go quite far off the coast but I don’t remember there being any birds apart from species that are easily seen from shore, gulls and terns etc
Cheers
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back