• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor Identification, Northwest Turkey (1 Viewer)

cduruk

Turkey
Some of you may have seen or replied to my previous post, where I asked a probable rough-legged buzzard. Not having received affirmative replies for a RLB, I made a short visit to the same location the next day, and came across this bird. This is different than the previous bird, therefore I am asking it as a new post. I am not familiar with RLBs, they are rare in Turkey. However, seeing the feathered legs in the third photo, I entered this to eBird as a RLB. There could be no other bird having feathered legs in midwinter in Turkey, I thought. But, the sighting was not approved by the checkers. May be they were not convinced about the feathered legs, thinking the light conditions were revealing a view of white legs, or may be for some other reason, I don't know. Legs aside, I cannot match this bird with any other winter raptor of Turkey. Any feedback welcome, thanks in advance...

Attachments

• IMG_0078-hmd üçgeni-crop.JPG
    IMG_0078-hmd üçgeni-crop.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0079-hmd üçgeni-crop.JPG
    IMG_0079-hmd üçgeni-crop.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0080-hmd üçgeni-crop.JPG
    IMG_0080-hmd üçgeni-crop.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back